Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

A word of advice Martin

One day you'll have a SACD player, and you'll probably even grudgingly admit that the format sounds pretty darn good. How do I know this? I've seen it on this forum many times before. Eventually you'll come to realise that it's not about the format but the music. The availability of music you want to listen to only on SACD will force your hand. The days of Format A vs Format B are largely over. Lots of labels have made up their minds already and have release plans for the next few years already. If there was more stuff I wanted to listen to on DVD-A, I'd probably have a player as well ... but there isn't and I don't. Maybe it's time for you to grow out of the listening to the format and start listening to the music again ...

(Now before you react with a response that includes the word "never" somewhere, keep in mind that this forum is archived and everything stupid you and I say is on permanent record. And there'll be someone around to remind you of what you said.)

Stephen Best
Canberra, Australia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A word of advice Martin - Stephen 15:10:36 11/05/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.