Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

i recently purchased C555ES with mod from Oade Brothers...

and really like it. sacd performance is very good, noticably better than the 900v i had been "borrowing" from tweeter. since people had mentioned that it takes a while for the player to sound its best on redbook, i would let it play all day while at work. last night i decided to put my denon 370 cd player back in the rack and do some cd comparisons. i compared a barenaked ladies track that i am very familiar with (not a great recording, but for some reason i use it often for demo) as well as the hotel california track from the eagles hell freezes over album. the sony was much more detailed, but didn't sound more fatiguing... a nice combination. the denon sounded compressed in comparison. crowd noise got blended with some similar frequency instruments to produce a fatuiging sound on the denon, while on the sony the crowd applause was much more distinct.

i plan on demoing a couple discs that are hdcd encoded (dire straits greatest hits, jewel, tom petty box) to see how the hdcd chip in the denon compares to the sony.

overall, i really like the 555es w/ oade brothers mod. plus they were great to deal with, packed it extremely well (double box was huge with lots of protection) and was shipped very quickly. total cost, $795 delivered.

cheers,
phil

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • i recently purchased C555ES with mod from Oade Brothers... - Philbertt 13:45:13 10/09/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.