Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: There was a lot of electricity in the air today, just look at this forum's posts...

Dear Jazz

You want to see this whole thing only in black & white. For me, there are many colors in both sides:

Use of watermarking: it's entirely in record company's option. Some of them will definitely use it, some don't. Nobody has reported to have heard it on readily available discs, at least yet. If only SACD would exist, record companies would obviously use digital watermarking on those, as well, altough it is said to be less audible.

Technical superiority: What You are saying may very well be so, however I don't believe it before proper comparison has been made. Nothing known in theory supports your view DSD/SACD would be superior to 192/24 when properly executed. Another question still remains, would the difference be significant, or can we live with any inperfection in life.

Certainly agree we don't need two formats trying to solve the same problem. Therefore forgive me repeating myself, only what matters for me at the end is availability of high-rez music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.