Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: There was a lot of electricity in the air today, just look at this forum's posts...

Was not a personal attack against Nicholas, but attack against his silly, provocative idea.
Regarding possibility to see a well performing, universal player on the market one day, I guess that day will not be too far away: For an example Philips SACD-1000 has a Crystal Semiconductor CS4397 DAC in it, which provides full support for DVD-Audio. The Player does not support all of the required DVD-A functionality, - yet. My guess is, it will not be too big deal from Philips to finish the player to satisfy all needs. And I believe they will finish it one day, despite the fact they have officially rejected any current plans to support DVD-A.

What comes to alleged “pure-electrical-noise-and-interferences” in universal players, what we have read here is the Sony 9000 is performing decently and when modified, it's a suberp player. Stereoplay (Germany) has said in February, Philips SACD-1000 is an outstanding SACD-player in multichannel mode (it's 2-channel SACD-playback quality, however, was not reported to be in par with Sony 9000, XB940 or 555ES.(I would be extremely cautious with this magazine's numerical rankings, they are just entertainment)

There are some SACD software I like, I have got them some 10 already, mostly from DMP, but entire SACD catalogue is not volumenous.

I think DVD-Audio deserves a fair opportunity to show up an audiophile-grade player and audiophile-grade software. Only then we can make fair judgement over superiority of the technologies, if that difference matters anymore...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.