Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: so, you ARE "in love with any viable technology...", So am I...

Dear Serge -

Forgive me if I offended, I shouldn't, please accept my humble apologies.

I guess there has been some electricity on the air today...

Regarding Nicholas initiative to boycott DVD-A, I just think it's a silly idea. He promoted it in Stereophile, here, everywhere. It just does not solve music-lovers problem which is lack of meaningful high-rez software. Therefore I cannot support it.

Sony and Philips can help, they easily could offer a logical extension, a DVD-Audio support, for their decently performing Multichannel-SACD/DVD-Video-players. Someone will offer it one day, anyway, if SACD survives. If not, DVD-A alone will due.

Regarding shared experience, I say 777ES is great, SCD-1 even better, but they are not for me because there's only little software I'm interested in. And where I live, the SCD-1 would still cost $4k.

Meanwhile all I can do is sit back and enjoy good music (currently Bob Mintzer Big Band playing Homage to Count Basie from DMP's hybrid multichannel-SACD). And of course, I enjoy every day this silly format war discussion which I found very entertaining, some grown ups have made this a personal crusade.

Thanks, Serge, let's see how things evolve

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.