Headphone Heights

M1060 and M1060c mods

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Headphone Heights ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I just treated the front of the driver with some 3m dampening sheets. Damn. This is a fantastic and easy mod. The sound is soo much clearer. I knew the resolution would increase but the SOUNDSTAGE!! Its sooo much BIGGER. Like the speaker itself is disappearing. The theory is that the front and back of the driver are metal and function as the magnets. So if the metal vibrates or rings the driver moves and messes up the resolution. This mod minimizes the vibration so the driver moves less and that cleans up the sound.

The 3m sheets are basically a constrained layer dampening sheet and they are metal with a blue coating. So they are magnetic which helps keep them in place along with the adhesive.

They are hard to cut with scissors but you could get by. I use a cutter thst works on kevlar string

Also the 3m sheets are super thin and shouldnt affect the airflow.

Protip: The sheets as mentioned are slightly magnetic so do be careful not to let them fall in the gaps or use anykind of metal too to flatten the strips.

Get them here

Cut to razor sounding violins

Edits: 04/06/20

Follow Ups: