Headphone Heights

RE: What are your thoughts on the Little Dot amps?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

The little Dot is a good amp. I have a Vintage 1976 Pioneer SX650 and i can say that the vintage gear is hard to beat because the headphone amps were fully discreet and the 70 era receivers were a special breed that most headphone amps cant compete.. I would try using the Mullard CV4010 in the Little dot to see if you can notice an improvement as the stock tues leave much to be desired. I am not sure if your Luxman is vintage but if it is you would need to spend some serious money to beat it. All were made before op-amps were designed so what you get with vintage is a discreet amp and if your Luxman was manufactured prior to the Alpine acquisition chance are the Little Dot will not compete nor will any other op-amp designs. My Pioneer SX650 smoked all 5 solid state headphone amops I owned. I had the Little Dot MK11 tube,Meir Cincerto,Asgard,Matrix and PS Audio GCHA and none of them came close to my Pioneer. My Decware Taboo designed with a headphone amp smokes all of them but then that is a 1100 amp with over 200 in NOS Mullard tubes driving it. Just experiment as the CV401 can be had for about 10.00 each

Follow Ups: