Headphone Heights

RE: Ok, but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

No, it is you who doesn't get it. You are the one who carried this thread off in a totally unintended direction. The OP was asking for opinions on the Little Dot. I gave him MY opinion regarding ONE aspect of the Little Dot that I thought might possibly be of importance to him. So, what's the big deal? Did your feelings get hurt? Are you the captain of the Thought Police? If you did not like my reply or if you thought it was irrelevant or something else, you should have let it drop and/or simply ignored it. No "thread derailment" required. Also, regarding Meier crossfeed vs. Headroom crossfeed: At the time I was shopping for a crossfeed amp people were saying that Meier crossfeed sounded different than Headroom crossfeed. And later on, after listening to both, I also decided that crossfeed sounded slightly different in the two amps. It could be that the implementation of the circuit is slightly different in the two, so unless you have listened to both don't be so sure there is no sonic difference between the Meier amp I own and Headroom amps of the same vintage. And I only brought up Decware as an example in this thread because Decware is similar to Fournier in certain ways - both being small, homestyle operations. Since you saw fit to deride Fournier as a "hobbyist" working out of a "garage", I wondered if you really thought that your well-regarded Decware was/is a hell of a lot more than that? The size of the operation is no indicator of the sound of it's products, so why diss Fournier just because he is a small outfit? Everyone has to start somewhere. As a matter of fact, if you are going to deride a company because it is small, homegrown, and/or relatively unknown you might as well discount most if not all of the small hifi manufacturers now marketing for audiophiles. And FYI, there are only a couple of Chinese made components in my entire system, all of them bought before the 2008 recession started. Today, I have no desire to buy any more Chinese made hifi gear. So yes, let's simply drop this discussion.

Follow Ups: