Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Looking for headlamp dac preamp

Hi guys . I'm on the market to buy something that I would be able to connect to my existing system and be able to listen to my system with my Headphones . Something like a benchmark or a grace m902 . The problem is that I can't afford a 2 or 3 benchmark . Even used they sell for over a grand . Even a benchmark 1 hdr is at 800.00 at Ebay.

I am not a headphone freak , always used speaker for music listening till my daughter gave me for Christmas a HiFiMan planar headphone . Now that really rocked my world so much that much of my listening now is done with my planar headphone , and mind you , my audio system is comprised of Magnepan MG12 with completely updated crossover . But the hifiman are so musically enchanting that I can't even analyze the sound I just drift away with the music . These things are addictive in a big way .

My main problem is volume. I have 2 smartphones , 3 tablets and 2 laptops and with all I get different volumes but none enough to the levels I want .So I know I need a headphone amp . But I would like a headphone amp that might have a good dac to bypass the aging dacs in my cd players plus I would like it to have the connectivity to my main system so that I could listen to my turntable connecting my existing preamp to the unit desired .

So , to resume it all I need a good headphone amplifier with a updated dac plus the functionality of a preamp , just like a benchmark , just not a outdated benchmark as the first ones that came out . And under 1 grand . Any thoughts or suggestions?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Looking for headlamp dac preamp - strangebrewpr 17:14:12 12/10/19 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.