Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD800 headphones. Done!

I bought the Brooklyn Bridge a few months ago and it's definitely the best sounding DAC I've ever owned. However, shortly after I bought the Brooklyn Bridge, FiiO introduced the M11 Pro portable digital player and I bought one of those, too. I was very surprised to discover that the FiiO M11 Pro sounds just as good in my system as the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. I wish I had discovered the FiiO M11 Pro before buying the Brooklyn Bridge because I could have saved a whole lot of money.

I chose the Brooklyn Bridge because of its capability to play digital files directly from a USB flash drive. Unfortunately, I found out after buying it that it will play only PCM files from the flash drive. I still need to connect a computer streamer to play DSD files. Furthermore, the flash drive playback capability is kind of sketchy. It fails quite often requiring me to restart the MControl application on my smartphone to keep it playing. It works much better with streaming services like TIDAL and QOBUZ, though.

Anyway, the FiiO M11 Pro plays all types and resolutions of digital files directly from a plugin micro SD card and it also streams TIDAL, QOBUZ, and all the other streaming services. It basically does everything the Brooklyn Bridge does and sounds as good or better, too. Like I said, I wish I had discovered the FiiO M11 Pro before buying the Brooklyn Bridge because I could have saved a whole lot of money.

On the other hand, they're both excellent digital players/streamers and I'm completely satisfied with my digital system today and probably well into the future.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.