Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Got a Burson HA-160

I've had this unit for nearly a week, powering AKG K702 headphones to lusten to CDs (Marantz CD5004). It seems solidly built, and I am very pleased with the sound quality. Compared to my previous amp (Headroom MicroAmp), this one is more detailed, smoother highs, more bass extension, and not at all congested during complex passages of classical music. It has been playing 24/7 for break-in (as recommended by a few reviewers), and IMO it's improved over the 80+ hours it's been running. I think it's well-priced for what it does.`FYI, I bought it by mail order from an authorized dealer, HiFi Heaven, in Wisconsin, and they were great to deal with.

The only quibble is that the unit has unlabeled output jacks for low- and high-impedance headphones, and the manual reverses which is which--but anybody could figure that out in 10 seconds of comparative listening.

(full disclosure: I have never dealt with them before and have no financial interest in any audio dealers or manufacturers).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Got a Burson HA-160 - pbarach 13:42:03 10/19/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.