In Reply to: Which Sennheisers? posted by Ivan303 on November 5, 2016 at 19:20:37:
There's no way the NightHawks are an upgrade from the HD 600's as I've listened to the former extensively and own the latter. The HD 600's are more tonally balanced than the NightHawks through the midbass, midrange, and treble. They also don't exhibit the treble issues of the HD 800. Granted, they don't sound as resolving and spacious as the HD 800 (or HD 800 S) and lack deep bass extension.
Unless you need the sensitivity or like the colored sound that the NightHawks offer, for $350 you could purchase the HD 650 or join the HD 6XX Massdrop for $199.
Edits: 11/07/16This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tell me about these cans, please. - Travis 16:02:48 11/03/16 (7)
- I have them - bigshow 06:43:26 11/04/16 (5)
- Which Sennheisers? - Ivan303 19:20:37 11/05/16 (4)
- I spent some time listening to them over a year ago at RMAF 2015... - Ivan303 19:07:12 11/03/16 (0)
- RE: Which Sennheisers? - yage 19:05:48 11/07/16 (1)
- I've heard the same thing. - genungo 23:45:02 11/07/16 (0)