Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Grado SR-80 Earpads

Hi Genungo, I finally received a pair of leatherette headphone ear pads from EarZonk for 20.00 bucks. It took a while for them to arrive in my mailbox. When I e-mailed to check on them a man named Rob gave me prompt and cheerful help. I think it was my mistake on a address or something. They were on my doorstep when I got home for the Pats/Steelers game. That was a Sunday. Who delivers on Sunday?
I was not sure how to put them on, there was this certain mesh screen involved. A quick e-mail to Rob and he gave me fail proof instructions and said if I screw it up which he thought impossible that he would just send me a free pair. Like Enzo and Big Cass say on the WWE...you can't beat that!
An idiot could of snapped them on but Rob was polite and didn't laugh at me...this guy went above and beyond and has earned my business as long as he hangs his shingle over the front door.
Grado never spends any money on anything that is not equated with sound. Buying their cartridges over the years I noticed they come in glorified toilet paper tubes while a cheaper Shure cartridge I just bought came in a velvet lined (Cross pen/pencil) styled case. I kind of thought about that when examining the deteriorating foam ear pads, my second set.
When you put on the leatherette replacement pads my Grado 80's became more like the Sennheiser 600's. I'm not talking sound but build quality.
I can't give a sound review yet because I've only had the best hits cd of the Ventures on. Someone else said the bass improved in a review.Maybe it was suggestive but I could follow every bass note the guitar player was plunking where I never noticed this before.
This is the best 20 bucks I ever threw down for stereo stuff and you can always go back to the original foam pads if not to your liking. If you own Grado headphones it's a no-brainer to e-mail Rob at Earzonk and get a pair. I'm only giving the Zonk a nod is because I'm still flabbergasted about how well a small company can treat you without thinking your on Candid Camera...extremely happy!....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Grado SR-80 Earpads - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 08:48:20 10/25/16 (1)
    • Thanks! - genungo 10:12:32 10/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.