Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Sound coming from the front with HPs.

Hi ! thanks a lot for the very helpful reply.

" Yes I have indeed heard sound coming from the front with 'phones. In fact my headphone amplifier has circuitry designed to enable this so as to allow a recording engineer to hear an approximation of the soundfield produced by his nearfield monitors whilst he is working with headphones."

i guess is the SPL Phonitor 2 listed in your system. Very beautiful indeed. Yes exactly what i had in mind. To simulate the sensation that only speakers can provide.

" The effect is produced by manipulating phase, amplitude and inter-aural delay. I would guess that the soundtrack of the video mimicked a combination of these parameters either deliberately or by accident and in such a way as to produce a phantom image in front of your head."

i am sure it has happened by accident. The quality of the voice (was an interview) was very bad but the feeling that was coming from the tv quite clear. Never heard nothing similar with HPs.
Unfortunately i did not saved the link.
I will look again and then i will try to cut the piece ... it is very short.

Speaking of your HP amp do you know if a similar effect is available also on cheaper models maybe ?
Thanks a lot again.
Kind regards,
bg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.