Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Need closed back cans for rocking out, for the metal

Everybody likes to hear "the rest of the story" so here it is. I founds the Crossfade M-100's to be too fat for me, they were the opposite of my HD600's for sure. I got a lot of suggestions over at Steve Hoffman Forums and ended up with two sets of closed back phones. The first was the NAD VISO HP50 and the second the mighty Masssdrop Fostex TH-X00. The NAD's cost about half what the Fostex cost and they are not as revealing as them but they are both cut from the same cloth. They are my portables now. Both headphones do a fantastic job at kicking out the jams and they both posses fantastic bass profiles but without overwhelming the rest of the audio spectrum. The Fostex actually reproduce high quality sub bass and the highs are clear and more articulate. I also realized that my old Creek amp sucks. Especially a poor match for my old Sennheisers. A Garage 1217 Ember II now has pride of place on my home rack. Even with the amp change I still have a hard time listening to my HD600's anymore. Except for lighter fare. Too bright and not enough bass for the hard stuff.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.