Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: What are your thoughts on the Little Dot amps?

I used to have the LD 2+ and currently have the MK3. Both are good for the money. The MK3 is actually great for the money. Especially if you try some better tubes in it. I also like that the MK3 can be used as a preamp.

I've compared it to my Rotel preamp and it beat it. Probably not too tough a task but still impressive considering the Rotel cost about 3 times as much.

I also had a chance to hear the MK3 in a very expensive system. The components were all Electrocompaniet. Did some listening with those and then with the MK3 as the preamp. Was amazing how well it held up in that system.

The Electrocompaniet was better but not by a huge margin as I had expected. The bass was better and more taut with the Electrocompaniet. Also, the MK3 was missing the last bit of the treble high end. Very impressive considering the Electrocompaniet preamp costs about 15 times the cost of the MK3!

Main system- Rotel RCD950/Topping D90, Schiit Freya+ (GE 6SN7GTB tubes), Rotel RB981, Magnepan 10QR, Martin Logan Dynamo sub

Headphone system- Little Dot MKIII, Sennhesier HD6xx & HD 580,
iFi iPhono, Technics SL1210 MK2, Denon DL103R

Edits: 09/06/11 09/06/11 09/06/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.