Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I just got a pair of HE-400S

And I have owned the HD-580 for quite a few years (sitting on a shelf collecting dust).

Its very early and I'm just starting to listen to the HE-400S but I can tell you that I already prefer them to the HD-580s. I have to divulge that I was never that big a fan of the HD-580s. I have spent some time with HD-600s and respect the cans but I never saw the logic of spending more money to replace the HD-580s.

I have owned a lot of different headsets. I currently own Stax Lambda Pros, Senneheiser HD-580, HD-280 Pro, Sennheiser Momentum Over ear (original model), Grado SR-60, Sennheiser PX-100 (IIRC), the new HiFi Man HE-400S and probably a couple more headsets hanging in a drawer somewhere.

My favorites are the Stax Lambda Pros. The HE-400S is more comfortable than the Momentums and fix perfectly right out of the box.

The HE-400S is more efficient than other planar headsets but using them with portables is doable but just doable. Don't plan on doing any concert level listening on the HE-400S while its plugged into a portable.

All the same I am impressed with the HE-400S. They are very neutral and do not accentuate any part of the spectrum. So far...so good.

Ed

Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.