Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: so, I've gotta ask --

Since you asked. Actually both. 71 years young (who am I fooling). I flew Ec121K's with Aewbarronpac from 1963-65. I was an electronics tech, aps-20 radar, ecm gear and nav equipment. We flew the Pacific barrier between Midway Island over Alaska and back, to track airborne targets from Russia. Usually 14 hour trips, we carried no flight engineers at that time and if the autopilot (crude anyways) went down, they would have crew that were not busy, sit in co-pilots seat and hang on to the control column, to spell the pilot. Co-pilot would be back in the ready bunk. Did not happen often but I had a few hours over the course of about 1800 hours flight time. Loved flying the Connie, the engines weren't the best, and it was not unusual to lose one in flight. If we were close to Alaska we would put in there, or Midway, which ever was closer. It got to be routine, so no one really got upset. Only once did we lose two close to Midway, that time I sweated a little. So yes, incredibly old

Edits: 11/26/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.