Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I have a (first ever!) headphone question -- comfortable headphones for eyeglass-wearers?

DSC_5142

Easy back story. My son is looking for a comfortable, good sounding pair of headphones. He has glasses with pretty thick earpieces and complains that most "over the ear" phones are too 'clampy' feeling on his head.

He's home for the holidays and so we did a little headphone taste-test with the very motley assortment of phones here.

He liked my (purchased-new) Yamaha HP-2s. They are (still) comfortable and do (still) sound good -- but they're kind of fragile as they approach the age of forty (weren't we all?). Indeed, they've suffered the same degradation of the cloth-and-plastic-banded headband that most if not all 1970s Yamaha headphones have developed.

Two questions for you all.

1) any suggestions for relatively comfortable, relatively good-sounding, relatively inexpensive (say $200 USD or less) currently-available headphones that he might like? (he's not very fashion conscious; e.g., he shoots photographic film more than he does digital -- and he's an avid photographer)

2) does anyone know of a good rehab/repair/restoration for the old Yamaha headbands? :-)

Thanks for your consideration.

all the best,
mrh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - I have a (first ever!) headphone question -- comfortable headphones for eyeglass-wearers? - mhardy6647 14:43:10 11/25/15 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.