Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: If so, it almost sounds as if...

That wasn't what I was affter,as I failed to comlete explaining that this occurs due to he fact you're not hearing the sound of the recorded music in the same "realtime" as it exists in the recording..

To me it sounds like the "ring radiator" (The ring holding the driver & the black protective screen that sits behind it, to the headphone) is working like a mild "reverb" circuit. I think it is
working like this because once these parts are gone, all the inner detail on your recordings
"magically"appears .

The trick here is that you may prefer what this "effect" was doing for your music as I think it is
probably music genre specific as to if you think how the HD800 is enhacement to what you listen to, or if you feel it is being too intrusive by creating a "different" version of what you're listening to.... But the HD800 are great headphones (fixed, that is)

So ,no it isn't giving me exactly what I get with a pair of speakers in a room. Neither my Spendor SP1s or Magneplanar 2.7QR loudspeakers changed the realtime recorded transients enough to change their connective relationships for the sake of how the music was
imaging.. Making assumed room corrections inside a headphones are a complete fail for me.
I didn't ask for it, nor do I need it !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.