Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Future Sonics Atrio Replacement Is Here

Future Sonics Atrio series was I believe the first dynamic driver IEMs to hit the market. They are largely responsible for the explosion of high quality IEMs that have come out over the past decade. I bought mine in feb 2008 and they still work just fine. No good deed goes un punished and the market they created eventually overtook them. There were better IEMs at lower cost. The good news is they have replaced the Atrio series with the G10 line. Initial reports are they are very good with the same DNA of the Atrios. It makes me wish I already didn't have 5 pairs of headphones so I could buy one of these. I just can't justify it. But I suspect they are a very good option for someone looking to get into high quality $200ish IEMs.

I just love my 7 year old Atrios. The base is amazing. I have better IEMs I use for music but the base on these is like having a subwoofer in your head. It is not overly basey or anything but when base is required they deliver like no other IEM that I am aware of. I use them for watching movies etc...

Anyway, if anyone does pick up a pair please let us know how they sound. I will likely get a pair when my Atrios eventually die. I am amazed they still function, I have not been kind to them. They even came with me on my 7 months in Afghanistan. They've also spent many trips to the Gym, dozens of trips across country and lots of yard work. I definitely got my money's worth out of them.

Nate

You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump -- W.C. Fields

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Future Sonics Atrio Replacement Is Here - texanater 09:35:15 06/10/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.