Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

What "home theater" IEMs to replace future Sonics Atrios?

Greetings,

I've had a pair of Future Sonics Atrio (I think M8) for 8 years now. I bought them shortly after they came out. I have other IEMs I like better for music but really enjoyed the Atrios for their great bass. I used them to watch movies and TV on my computer or phone. After 8 years of fairly heavy use, dozens of trips all over the country and a 7 month extended stay in beautiful and historic Afghanistan the Atrios are finally giving in. One of the channels is failing. I gotta say I am impressed with their longevity considering they were hardly babied.

So long question short what is a good replacement? It appears the Atrios have been discontinued. There are still a few M7s out there but they are a little pricey for what I want to use them. Like I said I am very satisfied with my music IEMs and don't want the wear and tear on them. I could and may spend the money for them, but they are on the extreme high end of what I would like. So is there anything in the sub $100 and could go as high as $150 if absolutely need be? I'm looking for home theater qualities like great base etc... Not fat bloated hip hop base but tight deep base for rumbles and explosions and so on, like the Atrios!

I see that Vsonic has a GR07 "bass" edition. It is higher than I want to pay but I know the GR07 is highly regarded. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Nate
You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump -- W.C. Fields

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - What "home theater" IEMs to replace future Sonics Atrios? - texanater 19:06:59 03/16/15 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.