Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

New Sennheiser Momentum 2

FYI - Announced at CES 2015: Sennheiser showed the new Momentum 2 Over Ear, which is an upgrade to the Momentum discussed and recommended by some members below. There will also be a Momentum 2 On Ear. If you're thinking of the Sennheiser Momentum, it probably pays to get the new version.

The Momentum 2 Over Ear, as per a review done by someone on Head-FI, improves upon and "corrects' certain issues with the original Momentum. These improvements mainly consist of:
- Larger earcups to better fit most ears and also improve the soundstage
- Foldable, with a smaller carrying case
- Improved bass, which is now faster and much less boomy (the reason why I had returned my Momentums awhile back.)
- Improved treble

As a result, the reviewer now rates the Momentum 2 Over Ear as the no.1 portable headphone, while the original Momentum was rated lower.

I haven't really checked much but don't really see them listed yet (or a price shown) so they may not be in stores yet.

I'll probably get a pair at some point. But for portable closed headphones, also coming along soon are two excellent competitors: the Oppo PM-3 ($399) to be available end of March, and the Audeze EL-8 ($699)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.