Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: No, everyone DIDN'T know they were being discontinued

Frank, you seem to have misread my last message. Here's the sequence of events--
1. I posted in this thread on May 16 that the D7000's were rumored to be discontinued. I said "rumored" because there was nothing official yet.
2. You responded on May 16 that it was not a rumor, that Denon had confirmed the discontinuation of this model.
3. On May 29 I posted a link to a headfi post with pictures of the replacement model.
4. You responded on May 31, "that had nothing to do with servicing the d7k everyone knew the new ones would be coming."
5. Then next day, I posted a message contradicting your statement that "everyone knew the new ones were coming, noting among other things that Tyll had posted his review of the D7000 only to learn from a commenter that the phones were discontinued. He responded that he wished the Denon rep had told him that.
6. Your post from earlier today (6/3) seems to read as if you think I am disagreeing with the idea that the 7000s were discontinued: "Call Denon on NJ ask for sales and marketing they will tell you they are all discontinued... Shoot Tyll an email he will tell you the same thing I am saying here." Well, I don't need to email Tyll because, AS I ALREADY POSTED ON JUNE 1, Tyll published his review and THEN learned the 7000s were discontinued.

So have we got this sequence straight? It was a rumor at first, Tyll published a review, Tyll learned they had been discontinued, Denon then announced the discontinuation and displayed the replacement model. So now, now, now, everybody knows and it's official. Are we done here?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: No, everyone DIDN'T know they were being discontinued - pbarach 19:54:55 06/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.