Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: I need headphone help!

An alternative might be the HD 600 (or 580) - sometimes these come on sale. And the latter can occasionally be found at dealers. Depends what you like but the 580/600 sounds better balanced to me than the 590/650 which seems to be tipped up in the treble a little.But I've seen the 600 sell for $299 in the past so maybe wait for a sale. The 580/600 etc line are very comfortable. I've had my HD 600s for over 10 years and they're just as good as the day I bought them in terms of not falling apart - still tight and the velvety ear pads are still perfect. My old Leather headphones from Sony - the leather all frayed and the plastic joints became loose and eventually broke.

But the 598 sure looks good. Most headphones I have heard in the $250 and up range have all sounded quite good - from Audio Technica, Sony, AKG, Grado, Senn, Beyer etc. Big thing is comfort obviously. No matter how well it sounds or measures if it isn't comfy you won't use it. And paying a bit more for build quality might be worth a $100 or so as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.