Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: I need headphone help!

I don't have much to compare them to now except my 650's. They strike me as being not as extended in either direction as the 650's. For example in my Woo I have to be very careful with tube selection or the 650's get a little sharp in the highs and the bass gets a bit boomy, a bit disconcerting I must admit. With the 598's there is no issue what so ever and they do not get in the way of the music at all. The 650's work well with my Fournier and I don't have the issues above. Different design and tubes. Some might think the 650's are move revealing, some might think they are too revealing but they are never sterile, nor are the 598's which are really easy to live with headphones.

If I have a nit to pick with the 598's it is that they are not built as well, for my head at least. The 598's headband is different. It is a bit broader than the 650's which fits my head perfectly - the pressure from the 650's ear cups is well distributed over the ear. Snug but even. The 598's not so much and the cup pressure is not even on my ears and can be fatuging (not the sound). If you have a medium to small head you might not like the fit I think.

If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer.

Chuck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.