Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

A couple thoughts on that

I'm very happy with a pair of Audeze LCD-2's using a Mapletree Audio Super-II headphone amp. But I can see how they might not be the right cans for you.

My thoughts on your experience are:
1) any dynamic headphone, ortho or not, will probably not give you an equivalent experience to your Stax! If you can afford it, you might be better served by the 007 or 009's.

2) My experience with the SR-507's was that they are very bright. The Audeze's are anything but bright (however, the newest version is much more extended, by report -- I haven't heard them yet). If the SR-507's are your gold standard, then you should probably be looking at the HE-6's if you are interested in ortho's. I doubt the LCD-2's will float your boat.

3) Some amps are much better at extracting the best from the LCD-2s. While the Audeze's can be powered by most amps, but they really benefit from a lot of juice. You might like them better (especially the newer revised model) with an amp that is well-suited to their characteristics. Properly amped, I think they deliver a more full-bodied and richer experience -- especially if you like cello and organ music. I like them better than the SR-507's, but then that's just my opinion. Yours is not wrong.

Overall, I suspect that they are simply not a flavor you'd like.
"Knowing what you don't know is, in a sense, omniscience"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A couple thoughts on that - CometCKO 09:48:38 07/23/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.