VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum

TU-8500 Feedbacks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

photo tone Audio TU-8500 modiied_zpsqqdwqxoz.jpg

Picture from Tone Audio- Facebook link

from Kevin:

Well, the preamp has really come around. It sounds excellent with Mullard CV4024. Have you tried it in the circuit? I paid $100 (from Upscale) but the change is transformative. I am using unity gain, so i agree with you on the quality of the 8500 as a tube buffer. I still haven't listened to the phono stage.

From Flavio:
Finally had a chance to hook up the pre amp and do some listening yesterday. It sounds wonderful and seems to work very well with the rest of my components. I think my amps must have a lot of gain as I get plenty of volume in 1x mode from both digital and analogue sources. Haven't yet played around with the 3x mode nor have I used the phono section of the pre as I'm using my Allnic phono stage.

I'm noticing greater detail from my vinyl than I'm used to necessitating a bit more tweaking to make sure the turntable set up is optimized. I also seem to be hearing a bit more treble extension and smoothness with my records which is very welcome - sibilance was sometimes a problem with the record player (my speakers have ribbon tweeters and are very unforgiving of poorly engineered or manufactured records) so listening fatigue is pleasantly reduced. Tonality is very natural and organic, no one frequency seems overly emphasized or attenuated. Bass extension seems good and the midrange is beautiful, expressive, richly detailed and, above all, very natural (but NOT as real sounding as on your set up, though!! those speakers of yours are amazing in that regard).

Follow Ups: