Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should work just fine.....

Thanks for answering my questions. Regarding the volume control. When the TV is on I control the volume from the PAT5...most of the time the tv speaker volume is low or off. At higher volume levels my stereo system would overcome the small TV speakers. At low volume I may use the TV speaker. The new system is not straight through output and the TV volume control would control the volume through the speakers? Having a hard time getting my arms around this and why I would want it. With this new setup, the volume control on the pre-amp is just along for the ride? Or is it set at a certain level and the TV volume control is used for small adjustments?

There are adapters that plug into the TV speaker jack that I can plug my existing rca's into. Is that a better choice than the headphone to rca cable? Or should I go with the y cable?

Sorry for all the pedestrian questions but my existing TV/416 stereo is a great way to watch movies and concerts. It's my version of Home Stereo Audio circa 1978. The 4K TV will be an upgrade to my existing TV but if I have lesser stereo performance through the system, it will lessen the need to make the change and purchase.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.