Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: PAS-3 right channel hum

As I mentioned, you have [apparently] undocumented changes to your PAS. It is not in the original configuration, which can present additional challenges for remote troubleshooting.

The changes I suggested would be an attempt at making the hum more even in both channels, along the lines of the old post with Bill Thomas. My procedure is a little different from what Bill did, but it is also consistent with a change I see in the development of the PAS manual over the years that I think may have been implemented to deal with this very problem.

If the way I am suggesting doesn't work, then you can try to do it more closely to the way Bill Thomas described, though it might be more involved. Part of the reason why I am suggesting my particular way of doing it is because it should be relatively straightforward.

However, given the way your PAS is currently wired, all bets are off. In other words, there's no guarantee that either way will work, though one might. Hence, I recommended that you take note of the changes you make so that you can put things back to how they were, if necessary.

To achieve a more overall reduction of the hum [in both channels] would be more involved.

When I suggested moving the wire at the top of 8 to the top of 1, I meant just that. You have to be careful, because the bottom of 1 has other wires soldered to it - you don't want them to become disconnected. I understand that this is may be somewhat challenging. If you find it easier to run the wire to the underside to connect to 1, then go ahead. Just make sure that there are no shorts to adjacent circuitry.

Edits: 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.