Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: PAS3 - Tone Controls Bypassed - Need to connect up to a 50k Ohm Active Crossover

The problem is not the coupling cap but rather the output impedance of the PAS (unmodified). If the Bozak is active it may be possible to increase its input impedance since many times the Zin is determined by an input loading resistor or pot. You should look into that as the first step.

The problem is likely compounded with crossover since many of them have an passive filter right off the input such that they are expecting to be driven by as source impedance of less than 1K. if the Zout is higher, it will change the tuning of that filter.

All that being said - I have on my project shelf now a add on board for the PAS that adds a cathode follower to the stock PAS - this would solve your problem..... however, I have not yet generated _any_ documentation (other than the schematic) for this project so either I would have to modify your PAS or you would need to have more than average skill to install it yourself.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.