Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Mark III Premium Mod Question

The AC balance has nothing to do with the output tubes. That is for the input tube(s). That output tubes is done with the DC bias of the tubes which can be set anywhere from drawing 60MA(.60DC) per tube(double that if doing a paired tube bias) to 70MA(.70DC) per tube(double that if paired tube bias). You can play with the bias to see where it sounds best but those are the most often used bias points, the higher you go, the shorter the tube life. A good friend years ago said anything is good as long as the tubes don't glow red on their plates but I never did it that way.

I personally never used the Curcio board but I've heard it's amongst the better ones out there. Joe would be able to tell you more but the way you are presently using it is just fine. My friend set the AC balance to one of my amps(Citation II) doing it with an AC signal the proper way and I really never heard any difference than the way I did it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mark III Premium Mod Question - xaudiomanx 19:46:34 12/17/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.