Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Stereo 35 R10 resistor question

Before changing the R10 resistor because it is measuring improperly I would take it out of the circuit on one end and then measure it. Sometimes resistors measure improperly if they are in the circuit totally. Do that before trying to replace something that might not need to be replaced.

Now the red plate issue would be the output tubes are drawing too much current. The current draw is determined by the voltage on the plate and the resistor on the cathode as this is a cathode biased amp.

Are you using individual cathode resistors or combined? I think the combined of the output tube value of the resistor is 390R/5W and the individual is 180R/5w. 10W is better if you can fit them. Use a good quality noninductive type(Mills). Make sure you have a good ground connection to one side of the cathode resistor. If you are using a bypass cap on the resistor make sure they are oriented properly.

I know this may sound stupid but make sure your tubes are wired correctly. It seems suspicious that both channels are doing it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Stereo 35 R10 resistor question - xaudiomanx 04:57:07 07/03/13 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.