Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: help with Dynaco Pas line stage circuit check

I initially used the pre with the stock line board and was thought it sounding amazing, with layered imaging and very musical.I did try an upgrade line board with a different circuit, and after living with it for about six months and thinking there was something missing I reinstalled the stock board and found that I still preferred the stock board even in its current condition, with original components that were still in spec. the original board is getting old and some of the traces are starting to come off, so I'm going to just replace the board and copy the circuit as is, I just want to make sure nothing important is missing. Dynaco changed the coupling cap coming from the plate of the second half of the tube to the RCA outs from .02uf to .22uf in the Pas 3, ( I have a Pas 2)so I was going to do the same, is that the output cap? its the last cap before the output and the only thing connected to it other than the output is the feedback resistor in parallel with the 33pf cap, in which case do I need the .33uf cap?. most other modders of this pre have a anything up to 1uf there. and yes your post did help, I was able to read the circuit a bit better after your short explanation of what should be where.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.