Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: sounds positive

Regarding which master was used- my understanding is that TWO masters were made during the MP mixdown sessions- one to analog tape (as a backup! haven't found any information about WHAT machine was used), and another master to Sony PCM F-1. The physical format of storage for the F-1 was a Beta video tape. That's what Peter Jensen and Robert Ludwig used to cut the original Anthem release.

Unless Lerxst comes forward about this (he probably won't), I doubt much more from the Rush camp will come out about this issue. I will continue to assume that the DVD-A stereo and new CD edition of this were cut from the analog master, as I understand ...

Just to clarify- the SPARS code had issues right from the start- we know that the multitrack tapes were analog (the First "A"), the second letter, "D", denotes that a digital tape was used during the MIXDOWN (hence stereo mix), and the final "D" in the SPARS code is the CD medium itself... kinda redundant... Not like this would be any guarantee of quality!

Dman
Analog Junkie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.