Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

LPCM - Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall

Howdy Folks,
First of all, I must say it is an outstanding album (just got through listening to it). I was always a big fan of the 'unplugged' -MTV album, and I feel that 'Massey' put it to shame. Now on with business....
Excuse me if this has already been posted about the Neil Young archives. What is the deal with LPCM vs traditional DVD-A? I get the impression from what I have read on this forum that one needs to maually set my player's output to LPCM and that is for digital out. In my case (Denon 3910), it already has nice D/A 192/24 converters built in. Why would I want to use the external digital out for an outboard D/A? Am I listening to 96/24 when I am playing the DVD?
Under the Denon 'setup' there is an option setting for LPCM and the only thing listed is 16/44.1. Am I stuck with that sample rate with these LPCM discs? Any advice would be appreciated.

POLL: How many folks shut off the TV after firing up these LPCM recordings? For outstanding live recordings like this, I choose to use my mind's eye and I shut off the video.

Good evening to you all.
FezCO

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - LPCM - Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall - FezCo 22:21:16 03/13/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.