Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

If you like Hi-Rez audio , and Nine Inch Nails ....

I highly recommend Nine Inch Nails - Beside You In Time .

On February 27, 2007 , UMG released NIN - BYIT in 48/24 5.1 Dolby TrueHD on HD DVD . ( For those who don't know : MLP , used for DVD-A , is the core technology used for Dolby TrueHD ) .

In 2005 , Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth was released simultaneously on DualDisc with DVD-A , and on CD , and debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart .

BYIT was recorded live during the With Teeth tour .

On BYIT , NIN plays most of the songs from With Teeth , along with some songs from The Downward Spiral , and other NIN albums and EPs .

I have played the BYIT HD DVD , and I must say that BYIT in 5.1 Dolby TrueHD is an intense sonic experience . The 5.1 mix was done by Elliot Scheiner , and it is excellent . Elliot Scheiner is , certainly , not shy about using the rear channels for more than crowd noise . The rear channels have plenty placed in them , including some discrete / nearly discrete instruments and effects , and some backing vocals .

The song " Gave Up " is spectacular in 5.1 Dolby TrueHD , with instruments and effects alternating in the individual front and rear channels .

If you like Hi-Rez audio , and Nine Inch Nails , and you are able to play 5.1 Dolby TrueHD on HD DVD , I strongly suggest that you purchase the Nine Inch Nails - Beside You In Time HD DVD . It will be money well spent ... very well spent .

ZS KEKL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - If you like Hi-Rez audio , and Nine Inch Nails .... - ZS KEKL 01:08:25 03/02/07 (23)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.