Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

No, you still don't have a clue what I am saying.

You state: "speaking out against the capability to offer interactivity and also preferring the format die rather than allowing those who interested to follow where the technology goes, shows that you are not interested in what this technology has to offer"

Please show me where I stated that I prefferred that the format die?? My comments were directed to the FORUM, not the FORMAT. Different things. If the FORUM can't sustain itself due to lack of interest, then, yes, in my opinion I'd rather see it die than to be corrupted by all the other peripheral digital formats that have been tossed around here in the past year or two (remember ZS's obsession with DualDisc?). Now as to "speaking out against" something: I dislike having to use a monitor to access a simple "play from the beginning" command. That's hardly talking about all the other stuff one can get with DVD-A, which, as I stated emphatically before, I'm not interested in. Doesn't mean I'm speaking out against it, it just means I'm not interested. This leads to my next point:

You state: "However, when you want interactivity, or want to access additional features, then the menus are indispensable. This is an important part of DVD-Audio, without that there is no need for DVD-Audio over SACD, for example."

You couldn't be more wrong, in my opinion. There is a FUNDAMENTAL difference in SOUND between DVD-A and SACD. On many recordings I own on SACD, there is an audible upper frequency "hash" that drives me nuts. I wish I had menu-free DVD-As of those titles. I bought a universal player because 1) I have a lot of redbook (2000 titles), a lot of jazz and classical I like is on SACD, which I prefer by a wide margin over redbook, and I have many DVD-As of more contemporary music that sounds fabulous. My choice of DVD-A over SACD has to do with SOUND, and my choice of SACD over DVD-A happens when the DVD-A doesn't exist, which is quite often.

You state: "However, since you are not really interested in the additional capabilities that DVD-Audio offers over traditional playback mechanisms, such as offered by SACD, this leads me to question why you feel it necessary to argue against allowing others to discuss these technology directions?"

Me arguing against it is just as valid as you choosing to argue for it. I participate here, as you do as well. Therefore, my opinion exists out there with as much weight as yours. This means absolutely nothing, as this is not a democracy, and the Moderators may choose as they like. However, just because I disagree with YOU doesn't mean I'm at odds with the entire Forum. And frankly, the "additional capabilities that DVD-Audio offers over traditional playback mechanisms" are video-based: this is the "-Audio" part of the DVD world, not the video part, which you can get elsewhere on this site. I'm interested in the Audio part and the Audio part alone.

I'm not trying to force my point of view on the rest of the Forum, but I am registering an opposing view to yours, when you claimed that only racerguy wanted to keep this Forum video-free. (I'm in that group too.) You, however, by suggesting that I move on, are trying to force your view on others, and that does only damage the tiny support system that higher resolutions have.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.