Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Since you are obviously biased against DVD-Audio

> Because of the absurdity of the DVD-A menu scenario

and another statment from related post:

> If it dies, it should do so because the format is no longer of interest

Based on such statements, it is obvious that you are biased again DVD-Audio. So why do you come to this forum at all and argue against what people who are actually interested in this technology should talk about?

Perhaps DVD-Audio are of interest to people who like to have somethihng extra when they buy an album? I like SACD, but I always have fealt that DVD-Audio was more appropriate for pop music, simply because I enjoy the videos that often come with them as extras, or being able to read the lyrics, or other documentaries. Such extras are not as much of interest to Classical music listeners, IMO.

However, in next-gen music albums the lines will be even muddier. Since there is no limitation to still images with our hi-rez music tracks, in the future once the technology ios widespread enough, video content will become the norm as part of the music tracks. It will allow the artists to add an additional dimension to the music and add value to the purchase. Even this capability may be of more interest to classical listeners, I would love to be able to listen to Beethoven's Choral Symphony in Hi-rez audio AND watch the performance at the same time.

Such things will become the norm in the future, even if that is years away.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.