Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I'm convinced that you will never understand what I'm saying.

My last post on the matter.

"However, this is a distinct forum from the Hi-rez Highway for more than one reason, because some are interested in richer media experience that is still oriented towards hi-rez audio."

Yes, operative word being "some" (are interested. Others are not. DVD-A SOUNDS different than SACD.

"Video has been cited as the distinguihing
difference, but why should future music releases not enhance an album with more than just static images if they are able?'

I don't want static images either. I listen. When I go to a concert, I close my eyes.

"Should future generation albums restrict themselves from having a video component, creating a fuller multi-media experience to make such as you happy?"

No, it needn't restrict itself at all, but it should be discussed in the Video forum where that it is the focus.

"...you don't like dealing with menus and such (even though this is not necessarily a requirement for albums put together right), but that you deal with it because ultimately it is the music you are interested in. In that case, are you not interested in live performances with hi-rez audio obviously geared to discerning listeners?"

Of course I'm interested in it. My interest in music has nothing to do with my abhorence of having a video monitor in my audio system.

"If you are interested in the music, as you say, then I don't see why the video component should annoy you more than the static video component included on DVD-A. It is still your choice to watch it or not."

No, you don't seem to understand this very simple idea: no monitor means it is hard to get to the music. I don't want staic images either. Why is this so hard to understand?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm convinced that you will never understand what I'm saying. - robert young 15:44:59 01/12/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.