Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I tried, but now I see the problem.

*** The rude comment was the one where you stated I wouldn't understand. ***

Can you show me exactly where i said you "wouldn't understand"? Stating a risk is not the same as making an accusation. Stating a risk in fact acknowledges the possibility that the risk may not occur.

*** So what's your point? ***

My point was that you have not posted on this topic till recently. If you took offence to the use of the word "stray" in this context, then I apologise.

*** Those two are from your first post in the thread. They're aggressive. That's why Charles responded the way he did. ***

Again, perhaps we have different value systems. The first statement you quoted was a question, and as I've explained before, a question is a statement seeking clarification, i fail to see how it can be interpreted as "aggressive."

As for the second statement, it is true (so I'm merely sticking to the facts). Charles himself acknowledged (in a previous thread) that the statement which he chose to interpret one way could in fact be interpreted in a different way. And if you chose this alternative interpretation, it makes the entire sentence more meaningful, and this interpretation is also consistent with the description in the patent.

So taken in this light, the statement "Only because you misinterpreted what you read." is not intended to be aggressive, it simply summarises a position earlier discussed. I would suggest it would only seem aggressive to someone who perhaps may not have understood the full context of the discussion, hence my advice, which you obviously objected strenuously to.

*** There is nothing in my posts that would lead you to believe that I DON'T understand the context, either. ***

It would now seem that there is evidence that you don't fully understand the context of the discussion (see above, since I'm not sure you have read the previous thread). I'm making an observation here, not intended to be another "rude comment".

*** You're the master of that technique, not I ***

Again, isn't this statement rather confrontational? Maybe we should stick to the facts, rather than making confronting statements?

*** My post was about trying to help you keep the ugliness out of the debate ***

And is your method of doing so to be "ugly" yourself? I'm asking a question here. If you are trying to teach me by "counter example", then you are doing a great job.

I asked you previously what you would have done if you were in my shoes, but it seems the tone of your posts are completely in contrary to your advice. I don't deny that you gave good advice - my only wish is that you would follow it yourself.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.