Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: As the Great Communicator once said...

*** I thought that was implicit: stick to the facts, and avoid anything that may be perceived as confrontational, because that doesn't get anyone anywhere. ***

I thought that was precisely what I have been doing. Again, if you can point to specific examples rather than general criticism, perhaps we can discuss.

If someone says that what I'm saying is "utter nonsense", I think an appropriate response is "this is my experience. what is yours?"

If you think that this represents "escalating rhetoric" and "vitriol" or "confrontational" then i would suggest perhaps it is you who need to lighten up.

PS - in future it's advisable not to stray into the middle of a debate. the chances of you not understanding the context of the discussion is very high. If you have seen all the nasty and patronising things Charles have said about me so far, I think you will find that my replies have been more than reasonable. If you can find a specific example to the contrary, I am happy to discuss it. But if you are going to accuse me of "vitriol" simply for asking a valid question, than I suggest we may have different value systems.

PS - I do agree with you that many musicians tend to be very passionate about the technology, so the scenario that Charles describes is not that uncommon (though the topic of the discussion may not exactly be HDCD). And you are certainly right about studio time being very expensive (although you may be surprised at how reasonable the rates are these days - the expense is labour, not the venue). Many people set up their own studios - it pays for itself in no time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.