Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

What's wrong with my post?

Are you always going to go in a huff everytime you say something incorrect or irrelevant and I point out the truth?

Oh by the way, I remember you wishing me good luck should I design and manufacture my own players. I forgot to mention it at the time, but I have already designed and built three players. All of them play CDs, HDCDs, DVD-Videos and DVD-Audios (plus a number of additional formats). The only format they can't play is SA-CD - mainly because I couldn't find a cost effective way of building an SA-CD player from scratch - it's far cheaper to mod an existing design.

Unfortunately the first two players just did not sound very good despite my best efforts. But I'm quite pleased with the third one - on specs and at least to my ears it sounds better than any off the shelf player I have listened to. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to it right now.

The Audio DACs are based on Cirrus Logic CS4398 and housed in a separate box along with the analog stages away from the transport, video and digital processing. And because it's my own player, it scales DVDs to the native resolution of my projector (1366x768). And of course it is a multi-channel player (supporting up to 8 discrete channels). It's also dual clocked (for 44.1 and 48 family sampling rates) - unfortunately I have to manually flick a switch to change clocks which is rather cumbersome. If I forget to throw the switch, it either mutes the output or resamples depending on sampling rate. Native jitter performance is in the picoseconds, but it buffers everything anyway.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.