Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Majority of the masses DON'T own D/A converters and will get 24/96 2 channel high resolution PCM from the analog outputs

What is wrong with using the 2 channel analog outputs from your player? I use the 2 channel analog outputs on both of my 2 channel SACD players and on my Multi-Channel/2 channel DVD-Audio player I use the dedicated 2 channel outputs. Audioquest Turquise interconnect cables for all.

I was unaware any companies were blocking undowncoverted 96kHz 2 channel output from the Digital Outs, is this a new development within the last few years?

I owned 5 DVD players priced between $200.00 to $1,500.00 and all outputed 24/96 at the PCM outputs as well as all the other ones I have looked at.

But the most important point this is high resolution 2 channel audio for the masses as on all but a few of the first year DVD players they will output 24/96 on the analog 2 channel outputs. There were some players from DVD's first year that didn't have internal 96kHz chips and internally downcoverted to 48kHz. I don't believe that is a problem now? It is not good to hear that some manufactures are blocking 96kHz DVD-Video from the Digital outputs.

I believe we also have a miscommunication as I love properly set-up 2 channel much better than Multi-Channel and you like Multi-Channel the best. Which explains why you zeroed in on the DTS 24/96 Multi-Channel when my point was about the 24/96 PCM in the Video area which is playable at full resolution on any DVD Player.

Oh well,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.