Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

The Zappa DVD-Audio is dual-layer as 24 Bit 96kHz uncompressed 2 channel PCM takes up a lot of space.

You failed to understand what I said, the DTS 24/96 is for people who own DTS 24/96 converters.

Otherwise the High resolution is the 24 Bit 96kHz uncompressed 2 channel PCM, I NEVER SAID you can have high resolution Surround Sound with a regular DVD-Video player, I said you can have high resolution 2 channel PCM stereo with a DVD-Video player without DTS or DVD-Audio.

Since we KNOW Multi-Channel high resolution is not an option on DVD-Audio, as I correctly stated the high resolution on DVD-Video is 2 channel stereo NOT Multi-channel.

Here I'll make it even easier.

DVD-Video with 24/96 DTS decoder plays the 24/96 DTS soundtrack, if they want Multi-channel, but they would get even better sound if they went for the 2 channel Stereo high resolution instead as it is not compressed.

24 Bit 96kHz 2 channel Stereo uncompressed PCM is high resolution, Dolby Digital surround sound is not.

I hope this helps,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The Zappa DVD-Audio is dual-layer as 24 Bit 96kHz uncompressed 2 channel PCM takes up a lot of space. - Teresa 20:22:55 12/30/05 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.