Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Wrong

"All DVD players will output 2 channel 24 Bit 96kHz digitally"

No they won't. You really need to stop posting misinformation on this board.

I have collected lots of DVD players over the years, many of which are limited to 48kHz on their digital outputs. 96kHz is becoming more widespread, but support is still patchy, to the point of companies like MSB offering an upgrade. From its description:

Add a high quality digital output to most digital products: CD, LD, DVD and DSS. Choose coaxial, Toslink optical, ATT Glass optical, or AES/EBU balanced format. NEW! Add a 96kHz digital output to DVD players-most output only 48 kHz.

From the DVD FAQ:

Some players can output 96/24 PCM audio using a non-standard variation of IEC-958 running at 6.144 Mbps instead of the normal limit of 3.1 MHz.

"I fail to see how 16 Bit 44.1kHz 2 channel Stereo CD would be preferrable over 2 channel Stereo 24 Bit 96kHz DVD-Video"

It's not, who said it was? The whole point is that a DualDisc can be played on a CD player, in other words where DVD technology does not exist. I've got a portable CD/radio in the kitchen, I'd like to see you try to get a 96kHz 2-channel DVD track to play on it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread

You can not post to an archived thread.