Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

both Porcupine tree DVD-Audio's offer high resolution for the masses.

dts DVD-Audio's are playable on any DVD player with high resolution sound, No DVD-Audio player required. The resolution varies with the Master tape.

DVD-Audio Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Audio player.

DTS Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Video with a DTS decoder.

DVD-Video High resolution 2 Channel Stereo playable on any DVD-Video or DVD-Audio player.

Thus everyone who owns any DVD-player at all listens with high resolution. So far I think only dts does this but isn't this a grand idea? These are what I call real universal DVD-Audios, not the defective crippled DualDisc format. But REAL high resolution for everyone, this is the way all DVD-Audio should be made! Bravo DTS, keep up the good work.

My favorite dts DVD-Audio is Frank Zappa's QuAUDIOPHILLIAc which offers the following options:

DVD-Audio 96kHz 24 Bit Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Audio player.
DTS 96kHz 24 Bit Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Video with a DTS decoder.
DVD-Video 96kHz 24 Bit 2 Channel Stereo playable on any DVD-Video or DVD-Audio player.

Extremely cool hey?
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.