Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Listening to two DVD-Audios: Bach/St. Matthew Passion/Harnoncourt (Teldec) and Mozart/Figaro (Naxos)

*** I did ask you where the horsepower was — Go on, open it up and use your electronics background to identify the DSP chip(s) and their capabilities. Or ask Panny if you can’t figure out what’s inside. ***

So, in other words, you want *me* to disprove a baseless statement from you. That's rich. Even if I listed every chip in the player, what difference does it make? You will just call me a liar (see below).

*** But DPLII is NOT hirez. Everything becomes a LOT easier in 48/16! :) ***

C'mon Martin, how much processing power does it take to manage a memory buffer? And how do you know DPL II is not hirez?

*** That's not racist. It’s a truism. ***

Now that is truly offensive.

*** OK Chistine, show me a spec which shows DPLII with a freq-response output specification exceeding 22kHz? ***

I really don't know what point you are trying to make here. Are you trying to say that DPL II *cannot* be implemented in anything other than 48/16? The Fosgate DPL II decoder is implemented completely in analog. Therefore, no frequency limitation at all.

*** I’ll say it again: REL recommends BRICK walls for best sound. ***

Again, you can't have it both ways. Either your walls reflect, or they don't. If they don't, then there is no point in placing your subwoofer in a corner, and therefore you wouldn't be getting good bass. Since you are claiming you are getting good bass, therefore your walls must be reflecting. Otherwise, you are not getting good bass. So, which is it?

*** Christine, because its our hobby. i.e. you "enjoy" it. Anyway, you once said that MichaelDVD didn’t pay you to do the reviews, since you do it on an amateur basis. (Just as I don’t get paid to write reviews in HFR.) So what’s the problem? ***

As I've said, I only review on request, and only on review samples. You noticed, I have not posted reviews on any of the players that I own. If I don't even post reviews of players I own, why should I write reviews of other people's players?

*** And not that I doubt you for a second, but how do we know you haven’t just made-up some key aspect of this 'friend / DVD-A11' story to suit your argument? After all, you were not wholesome with the truth when you said that the manual, and I quote: " . . . states that the speaker distance settings apply to all listening modes including DVD-Audio"
When it doesn’t "state" that at all. ***

So you now want to call me liar, just because I said something which you don't want to hear. Typical. As for the manual, I've already explained it to you - again, it's not a message you want to hear.

Okay, how about this: I lied about the manual. I lied about the friend. I don't have any friends. Your A11 is the best DVD player ever built - there is no better. Happy now?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.