Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Also worth mentioning . . .

. . . are the "Bucharest Sessions" from Dr. Mark Waldrep's AIX Records.

These discs are single-layer DVD-5s which are packed with alternate mixes to suit every DVD player. As well as the 5.1 in 96kHz MLP, they also have DTS & Dolby multichannel, AND also LPCM stereo in 96kHz. As a result of the above, play time is between 45mins and 50mins.

My favorites include:-

~ Marcello/Handel/Vivaldi [respectively: (a) Oboe concerto; (b) Organ concerto; (c) Sinfonias];
~ Mozart Variations/Schumann Fantasie (piano solos);
~ Scarlatti/Beethoven: woodwind quartets;
~ Mozart: Symphony nos. 26 & 41 / Jupiter;
~ Chopin: Four Ballades (piano solo) played by Anita Chang -- this one is a regular AIX title whcih is a DVD-14 with DVD-A on one side, and DVD-Video (with 'live' visual footage) on the other side. Stunning sound quality.

I should also mention another excellent AIX DVD-A which I recently bought: Frédéric Chopin "Selected Piano" Works played by the talented Roberto Prosseda. This latest one comes as a dual-layer DVD-9, and the playing time (a full hour) is longer than previous AIX releases. Moreover, and it comes with a CD of the same music which I have in my car CD changer. It is good to see AIX releasing more classical again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.