Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Thanks For Sharing Your Experiences

I'm just beginning to sample classical recordings utilizing DTS or DD 5.1 that I have available to me from the library and Netflix. Perhaps the ones you commented on will also be available to me.

As I stated, what I've heard has impressed me so far. The standouts include Neujahrskonzert New Years's Concert 2004 with Riccardo Muti and Wiener Philarmoniker on DG, Perlman on EMI DVD Beethoven and Brahms Violin Concertos, Ma, Meyer, & O'Connor's Appalachian Journey on Sony DVD, and also Mickhael Gielen SWR Sinforieorchester LVB Symphonies 4,5, & 6 on EuroArts DVD (that's 3 symphs for quite a very good price).

I was unable to open the pdf you made available on the hi-rez forum so I'm in the dark as to its content. I do see you wrote about some of the Dvorak Symphs here. Have you sampled any of those classical works on SACD? The Philips SACD recording for Ivan Fischer with the Budapest Festival Orchestra is very very good and has drawn praise from lots of folks! It includes the Dvorak 8th and 9th.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.